Negotiating the Way 2
Class 2 : Multiplicity of Mind and the IFS Model
Additional IFS info and a link to the video Flint references during this talk: selfleadership.org/about-internal-family-systems.html
Also the traditional vows and their IFS definitions
• Beings are numberless, I vow to free them;
• Delusions are inexhaustible, I vow to end them;
• Dharma gates are boundless, I vow to enter them;
• Buddha’s Way is unsurpassable, I vow to become it.
• Parts are numberless; I take up the practice of freeing
them from their extreme positions as Self is revealed.
• Confusion and contractions may always be triggered; I take
up the practice of clarifying their roles, helping them relax,
and calling forward their gifts.
• Opportunities to learn from the present are boundless; I
take up the practice of learning from every moment,
every relationship, and every part that arises – without
• Continuing to turn toward life as it is and leading from Self is
unsurpassable; I take up the practice of embodying Self-
energy, meeting life as it is, and “being just this moment,”
intimate with everything.